What is an Olallieberry?
Well, an olallieberry is part blackberry and part red raspberry, and they are delightful! Developed in the 1940s by the US Department of Agriculture, the olallieberry exudes similar attributes as the blackberry but are larger and sweeter.
Need to cool off? Journey over to Cambria and escape the scorching summer heat. If you cannot make it this weekend, do not worry, we have you covered. Take a trip to the Central Coast with this simple Cambria cocktail brimming with fresh olallieberries.
Olallieberry Gin Fizz
- A handful of fresh Olallieberries
- Honey (If you like things extra sweet)
- 6-8oz carbonated water
- 2oz gin
- Garnish with lemon and a mint sprig
- Muddle berries in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Add honey, carbonated water and gin.
- Stir gently. Add garnish. Enjoy!
You’ll find this delightful cocktail will give you every reason to find a way to escape to Cambria.