If you feel at peace in nature, then Cambria offers a perfect getaway to refresh your spirit. With breathtaking vistas, beach front trails, miles of renowned cycling routes, and remarkable tide pools to explore, an outdoor escape to Cambria will likely stretch your expectations (and your legs).
From marine mammals to rare preserves, Cambria has natural wonders for everyone to marvel. Visit Piedras Blancas Rookery to see the Elephant Seals year round, and pay a special visit during late winter and early spring for mating and birthing season. Other sea mammals are also frequent visitors, including sea otters, whales, and dolphins. Plus, Cambria offers great opportunities for bird watching.
If you like to experience nature hands-on, Moonstone Beach offers plenty of activities – from kayaking and tide pooling, to strolling the boardwalk or hunting for moonstones – this breathtaking beach offers quite an experience.
California’s Central Coast also boasts miles of world-renowned cycling routes for every level of athlete. From the training grounds for cycling’s elite to views that make intermediate rides more enjoyable; it’s safe to say the Central Coast will likely leave you breathless in more than one way. To view routes, duration, attractions, and more, visit cyclecentralcoast.com.
- Washburn Campground Trails
- Moonstone Beach Boardwalk
- Fiscalini Ranch Preserve (North Entrance – Bluff Trail)
- Santa Rosa Creek Trail
- Fern Canyon Henry Kluck Memorial Trail
- Fiscalini Ranch Preserve (Marlborough Entrance)
- Fiscalini Ranch Preserve (South Entrance)
- Strawberry Canyon Trail
- Berry Trail
- Schoolhouse Lane Trail
- Burton Drive Trail
- Fiscalini Ranch Preserve (East Entrance)
To learn more about local hiking trails, click here.
Beaches and Parks
- Piedras Blancas Light Station
- Northern Elephant Seal Rookery
- San Simeon Cove & Pier – William Randolph Hearst State Park
- Coastal Discovery Center
- Pico Creek Beach Access
- San Simeon Beach State Park
- Upper Leffingwell Landing State Park/Access to San Simeon Creek
- Leffingwell Landing State Park
- Moonstone Beach – San Simeon Beach State Park
- Shamel Community Park
- Nottingham Drive Beach Access
- Wedgewood Street Beach Access
- Harvey Street Beach Access
- Lampton Cliffs State Park
To learn more about local beaches and parks, click here.
We’ve plotted out a number of outdoor areas of interest for you in the Google Map below. Click on an icon to see more info.