Olallieberry Thyme Vodka Lemonade
It’s Olallieberry season in Cambria and if you didn’t know, Cambria and Olallieberries go together like PB & J.
Olallieberries are a large juicy summer berry that’s part blackberry, part red raspberry, and completely delicious! This summer sipper is perfect for a lazy afternoon by the pool (or beach, or backyard BBQ). It is sure to be a hit all season long!
Ivy & Eve
Makes one jug of lemonade.
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (5 to 6 lemons)
- 1 cup superfine sugar (or to taste)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 3 cups water
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Makes one cocktail.
- Lemonade (see recipe above)
- 5 olallieberries
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Place 3 large olallieberries in a tall glass.
- Muddle with a wooden muddler (or a fork).
- Add 1.5 oz (1 shot) vodka to the glass and stir.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Top with lemonade.
- Take the thyme sprigs in your hands and clap your hands together to bring out the aroma.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon, two olallieberries, and the smacked thyme.