This house was built in 1903 for William Westendorf, a man of many talents: professional gambler, real estate broker, saloon owner, land speculator and game warden. He sold the house to George and Dena Storni Dickie in 1915. The Dickies were prominent Cambria business owners; they established the first automobile agency and the first modern gas station in town. They also owned a hardware store and remodeled Rigdon Hall on Main Street into the Cambria Theatre. They lived in the grand house originally built on the corner of Lee and Center Streets for 50 years. In the 1980s it was moved to its present location and remodeled as a restaurant.
4063 Burton Dr., Cambria, California, 93428