The Santa Rosa Chapel, a National Historic Registry landmark and one of the oldest churches in the County, was built in 1870. It served the community for 91 years. Guests of William Randolph Hearst, including Marion Davies, Gary Cooper, and Bing Crosby, attended Mass there. The cemetery is the final resting place for many Cambria pioneers. After its closing in 1963, the chapel, gardens, and cemetery fell into a state of neglect and disrepair. In 1978, the Santa Rosa Chapel committee was formed, spearheading a 7-year restoration project. The Chapel was rededicated for community use on September 16, 1984.
Turn right onto Burton Drive, then right onto Main Street, pass Bridge Street and the entrance to the Santa Rosa Chapel, Gardens, and Cemetery is on the left. Drive up the steep hill. Parking is available (.9 miles from the Cambria Historical Society).