The first-order Fresnel lens used at Piedras Blancas Light Station was constructed in France by Henri Lapaute in 1872. The original lens and clockwork mechanism are on display next to the Veteran’s Memorial Building. The lens, on loan from the Coast Guard to the Cambria Lion’s Club, is maintained by the non-profit Friends of the Piedras Blancas Light Station Lens. In 1990, a glass enclosure was built by the Friends to protect the historic artifact.
100 Main St.
Cambria, California 93428